Pages

Saturday, May 19, 2012

Jenn's Birthday!

At long last, I have pictures of the finished project! I gave it to Jenn yesterday, since I won't see her on her actual birthday (Tuesday). She loved it! I followed this pattern for the Eight-Pocket Two-Tone Carryall Tote.
You can see the close up on the lining. I sewed it my machine and then sewed it into the bag by hand (using this tutorial). To make the lining, I cut pieces slightly larger than the body pieces and sewed it together. That was probably not the best way to do it, but it worked out in the end! I only had to rip out stitches once... My grandma helped me because I had never made a lining for anything before.

I altered the pattern by making the gusset piece about 5 inches wide instead of only 3 inches. I thought a wider bag would be more useful, so I chained 27 to start the piece.
Everyone is really pleased with the way it turned out! I love how it turned out, but most importantly, my sister loves it!

-CH

No comments:

Post a Comment