Pages

Friday, December 14, 2012

FO Friday

I just had a knitting photo shoot in my back yard, but I can only share one of the items with you! Sometime within the few days after Christmas, there will just be a mass post with pictures of all the things I couldn't show you this whole time!

But for now, a hat I finished for Christmas!

Jen's New Sweetie Pie Hat
I made a handful of modifications to this pattern... First, I moved the cable over so it would be centered between the stockinette sections. Which caused slight modifications to the decreasing at the top. Then I also changed the final decreasing rows. It didn't decrease fast enough (in my opinion) and left an odd pointy top... I ended up just tearing it back, decreasing more quickly, and then finishing it off. It looks fine this way! (I'm sorry, but I don't remember specifically what I did... I was just winging it really. I think I ripped out five or six rounds, and decreased the same amount over two rounds.)


There are a few more pictures of it on Ravelry (linked in the first caption) if you're interested! It was a really easy pattern, and these baby cables are absolutely adorable!

And, for those of you who stopped by on Wednesday, my Ardys vest is coming right along! It's about 6.5" long now! Four cable repeats.

You can find more finished projects at Tami's!

-CH

6 comments: