Friday, August 3, 2012

Fo Friday

Well I'm pushing the time limit, but I made it!! I don't have a lot to share with you today, but I do have a few things.

The first thing I wanted to share is a cowl that I finished on Sunday. It's not completely finished for me yet because I plan on making separate flowers in lots of colors, which I'll be able to attach based on what I'm wearing! I haven't started those yet, but the actual cowl part is finished. The link to the Ravelry page is in the caption! Twisted is in parentheses because I didn't twist mine.

Easy (Twisted) Cowl

I tried to take pictures of it on me, but it just didn't work. So maybe my sister would be willing to model for me when she's home in a week! (I can't wait to see her!!!)

Next up, the final three teddy bear sweaters I was working on for my sister's bears! I'm super excited about these. Of course, while I was working on them, I was tired of doing the same thing over and over... But now that they're finished I kind of miss them. They take just over two hours each. The top one is a dark green. That's as light as I could get it to look--sorry about that!

Modified Teddy Sweater

Finally, this is the one I'm most excited about! It's a Kindle cover that I made based on a tutorial I found here. The tutorial is for a phone cover, but I modified it. I was able to make this cover using only one piece of felt in each color! If you click the pictures, you'll be able to see them larger. I just didn't want this post to be super long.

It was a little tricky to pin it because the pieces were so tight, but I got it to work. I'm sure it would be easier to have a larger piece of felt to work with, rather than one piece of the 25cent stuff. I added a snap to mine that came extra with a sweater I have. All I did was cut a piece of felt to the size I want, sew it onto the back (I forgot to sew the bottom part of the square, oops), and then sew the snap pieces on so that they line up. I didn't do this until after I had the case sewn together which made it difficult. This also helped to hold the two pieces of felt on each side together. They were a little loose otherwise, and my Kindle would have slipped into the wrong section, I'm sure!

Check out more finished objects at Tami's!



  1. This all looks awesome sister! And of course I'll model for you. :)

  2. gorgeous cowl!

    and what a fun knidle cover! good job!!