Pages

Friday, October 5, 2012

Baby Gifts and a Jump on Christmas!

Well I missed WIP Wednesday this week... It was too late by the time I remembered. It's even too late right now for Friday, but I'm going to make do!

Last week at church, I found out that a girl in our congregation just had a baby girl! I wanted to whip up some quick gifts for her. I also used this opportunity to use up my scraps from the BFF Cowl Swap I'm doing! Here's what I came up with:

Crochet Baby Beanie & Baby Head Band

Best Bunny
I think they turned out really great! I couldn't be happier. Hopefully the new mom will love them too!

Next up is the first of three reindeer that I'm making for my aunt for Christmas. Between my sister, my cousin and I, we're making Santa's whole herd of reindeer! So we're each responsible for three. This one is the first one finished out of all of them! I made a few changes to the pattern, and they're all in my Ravelry notes (which are linked in the caption). However, they're not very organized yet since I have two more to make and I'm just going to put them all together. You can message me if you want specifics about my modifications!

Happy Reindeer

What did you guys make this week? Linking up with Tami's.

-CH

9 comments:

  1. Love the bunny!! I started one of those reindeer last year... might get it done for this Xmas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It was really pretty quick, but I lost motivation for several weeks in the middle too.. I just had to force myself to sit down and do it!

      Delete
  2. Wonderful baby gifts..she'll look wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, your bunny is just the cutest!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMGosh, these are all adorable. What a sweet and thoughtful set for your church member's new baby girl. And that reindeer? Too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i absolutely *love* that hat!! so so sweet!
    and the bunny and reindeer are adorable too! you are just rocking the adorable crochet right now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! The hat is *super* easy! It only takes about 45 minutes to an hour to crochet (minus the flower--not that that took too long either).

      Delete