Pages

Wednesday, October 17, 2012

WIP Wednesday - A Christmas Scarf

I can finally say that I have the teddy bear sweaters FINISHED!! Seven of the same pattern, and I'm ready for a break. I'll be showing them on Friday, but if you want to see them in the meantime, I will be putting them on Ravelry right after I finish this post!

Rather than getting back to the Christmas presents I've already started, I started yet another one! This is a scarf for my boyfriend's dad. I made one for a friend two years ago, and he liked it. So I'm making him a similar one! If I have the yarn leftover, I'll make a matching hat or gloves.

Ribbed Scarf
It will be mostly dark brown, until the tan section at the other end. It's going really quickly on size 15 needles with two strands of worsted weight yarn held together! I should be able to finish it up either this week or next (depending on how distracted by other projects I get), and cross one more thing off of my Christmas list!

I'm still working on reading Wicked. And I'm still loving it!

What are you working on this week? Check out Tami's and Ginny's for more works in progress!

-CH

6 comments:

  1. I need to buy more yarn to finish up a project; laggin' on that. Finished something for my little one. Need to wait for her buttons to arrive. No new projects CO yet, I'm afraid.
    But I've been workin' on reading more of Sarum.
    I like how your man's dad appreciates your knittin' skillz and utilizes your last scarf.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The last scarf was actually for a friend of mine, my boyfriend's dad just liked it. So I figured I would make him one similar to it! But yeah, both of his parents appreciate the stuff I make, which is really nice!

      Delete
  2. I didn't like wicked at all! I didn't like all the politics.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved the musical when I saw it! So far I'm liking the book, but I'm not very far into it.

      Delete
  3. oooh - i bet that scarf is soft and squishy! it's looking great so far!

    ReplyDelete