Pages

Friday, October 19, 2012

FO Friday!

I have a couple things to share with you today! As promised, I got the teddy bear sweaters for my sister finished. I also finished the scarf that I shared with you as part of work-in-progress Wednesday (and have since started a matching hat!).

I guess we'll go chronologically then! Monday night, I finished the last of seven teddy bear sweaters. I'm definitely ready to take a break from them! But here they are, in all their cuteness! My sister is responsible for the bears to fill them, and they are supposed to be done by this coming Wednesday. These sweaters have already been mailed to her, so hopefully by next Friday, I'll be able to share a picture of all seven bears in their sweaters with you!

Teddy Sweaters


Next is the scarf I made for my boyfriend's dad for Christmas! He'll get a matching hat (using the Turn A Square pattern), and possibly gloves depending on how much yarn and time I have left.

Rib Stitch Scarf
This only took me two days to finish! It's made with two strands of worsted weight yarn held together, and knit on size 15 needles. I cast on 28 stitches to start, and worked a 2X2 rib until it was as long as I wanted! (The tan sections are 30 rows each). My Ravelry page is linked in the caption.


That's all I have for you this week! What are you working on? Linking up with Tami of course.

-CH

10 comments:

  1. The sweaters are adorable! And I like the scarf too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those sweaters are super cute-- colorful and cheery!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! They're fun to make... Just maybe not quite so many in a row!

      Delete
  3. What a great idea to do lighter ends on the scarf. It has such a neat look and effect.
    Those teddy sweaters are adorable! I can't wait to see them on the teddies themselves.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!! And I can't wait to see them on the bears either!

      Delete
  4. wow! you finished that scarf right-quick!

    the sweaters are wonderful! good on you for making so many! you totally deserve a looooooong teddy bear sweater break!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha thanks! Ans yeah, size 15 needles help you get through projects pretty quickly..

      Delete
  5. those sweaters look like a labour of love - doing the same things over and over! Were you dreaming of knitting them??

    Nice work :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!! And yeah, I could probably do them in my sleep..

      Delete
  6. They all look great! I love how they turned out. :)

    ReplyDelete